In compliance with Mayor Curry’s executive order — issued April 1, 2020 — Luce Air Quality (LAQ) is a business that “provides services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences and other structures.”
As such, we will continue to operate as usual according to suggested safety guidelines provided by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the Restoration Industry Association (RIA):
LAQ will prioritize our work in a manner that optimizes the health of both our staff and clients. In specific, we will work as follows:
- We will minimize field trips to confirmed job requests. We will not be doing site visits for estimates during this time.
- We will consider which projects and services have the greatest potential to serve/protect the community. If an occupant of a structure that is requesting services is immunocompromised, we will prioritize their service request.
LAQ will perform a risk assessment on staff, roles, and responsibilities according to the following guidelines:
- There will be no public admittance to our office during this time, and special disinfecting procedures will be utilized during the entry and exit several times daily.
- Fieldwork that requires on-site activity will be assigned to those that are not in high-risk groups.
- We will continue to provide training on guidance for personal and public safety to staff.
LAQ will protect our field staff and our clients at all times, and for any service we will:
- Ask for information regarding occupant exposure to COVID-19 during our client intake process.
- Ensure field staff are equipped with adequate cleaning, hand washing, and disinfection resources.
- Train employees on proper use and selection of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Use at a minimum: disposable gloves, eye, or face protection.
- Wear disposable gloves that are not likely to tear or become compromised given the task.
- Evaluate possible PPE substitutions carefully to ensure a similar level of protection.
If needed, LAQ will utilize supplemental protection. Depending upon the job, we will:
- Wear NIOSH approved respiratory protection and other PPE as needed.
- Wear face protection if needed to avoid touching the face.
- Apply disinfectants to touchpoints in the service vehicles at the beginning and end of each job.
- Apply disinfectants to tools and instruments used on the job site before removing gloves.
- When leaving the work area, implement appropriate personal decontamination procedures.
Thank you for your continued cooperation, trust, and support at this time.
If you have further questions about how we plan to remain committed to the health and safety of our staff and customers — or if you are ready to schedule an indoor air quality assessment for your home or business — please contact us today by calling 904-803-1014!